Friday 2 November 2012

Freshly Made Sketch #59 and Grace's First Halloween

I have had a very productive week, another card, 1 single page layout for Grace's Album from scratch. I also finished a double page layout for her album that I have had on my desk for a loooong time. Long may it continue I would love to have a few more layouts done before her birthday, which gives me just over 1 month.
 
Anyway on with the card, I used the Freshly Made Sketch #59 as my starting point. I wanted a clean and simple card that could be a masculine birthday card. It got hubby's tick of approval, even if buttons are in his words 'girly'. I used Pocket Silhouettes, some actual stamping!! I found some scraps of Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Old Olive, Soft Suede and Crumb Cake and put them to work.
 
 
 
We had a Halloween Party for our Babies, they all looked so cute. We had Pirates, Puppies, Sheep, Fairies, Christmas Elves and my little Black Swan. I dyed one of her onsies black and sewed her Tutu and I stitched a little bit of tulle and a few feathers onto some elastic lace for a head band. Grace wasn't that co-operative for photos so I will try again.

 

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my...little Grace is just adorable!! Your card is fantastic too and I love the buttons!! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, I was just wondering if buttons were masculine because I wanted to put a few on a card for my nephew. Glad to hear a man's point of view! But even so, I think the line of them on your card a pretty fantastic! I really like how you placed one of the squares out of alignment - that's a very interesting touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all those buttons - what a fun take on this week's sketch! I adore that pic of your little one - she is precious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is lovely, and your daughter even lovelier! What a fun age she is! Thanks for sharing this with us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Cavina. Grace is the most precious wee girl EVER!!! Love her to pieces. Please give her a big kiss and Cuddle from her Grannie xxxx

    ReplyDelete